May 20, 2014

Baby Fever!

As Kira gets older, the more I long to have another baby! I just can't seem to escape this baby fever bug I've caught! I know I want children close in age and "back to back", but it seems things in our life aren't the best right now. I currently have an IUD so that helps me restrain my baby fever, but I already want to see a doctor about removing it.

I feel so much more confident about being pregnant again and giving birth. I wasn't sure what to expect when I had Kira, and I feel like I enjoyed the last half of my pregnancy. With baby number two I want to fully enjoy my pregnancy. I can't wait until Kira can see my belly grow and show her ultrasounds of her brother or sister. I want to do a gender reveal party and I want to try my hardest to stick with breastfeeding. So many different little things that I want to do again and experience before I become used to my daughter being "independent" and sleeping through the night, not using diapers, walking, talking etc.

The only tiny thing that is holding me back is my weight. I don't want to feel shame for being overweight or "big" during my pregnancy. Although I've never really talked about this with my boyfriend, I do worry what family members or other people might think or say. I've tried looking for help on the internet and I came across a WONDERFUL site. It's called Plus Size Birth. It's all about loving your body, accepting yourself, and everything from plus size pregnancy clothes to baby wearing! I'm very excited to have found this site and I even joined their facebook group to chat amongst other Plus Size Momma's. Reading their stories and seeing their pictures of belly bumps to hospital and home births has really opened my eyes in the way I view plus size pregnancy. I hope when the time is right, I'll get pregnant again. Until then, I have my hands full with my little one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment