May 16, 2014

No More Pacifiers!

So starting this week, we've taken Kira's pacifier away. She's 19 months old now and her two front teeth are starting to turn from sucking on her paci. During the day she doesn't miss it much, but at night... Oh boy!

A whole new side of my toddler awakens. She usually has no problem sleeping in her toddler bed... with a paci. Tonight was one of the worst nights of this week. Crying, temper tantrums, getting out of bed, and screaming for her paci lasted for what seemed forever. (1 hour tops) But finally... she realized Mommy and Daddy weren't giving in and she just passed out.

I know she needs to not have her paci anymore, but it killed me listening to her crying for it. No matter how many times I soothed her, she would start up again asking for her paci. I only hope and pray this weekend will go by smoothly.

I also can't sleep due to all the crying I endured, and I have an early morning ahead of  me full with tons of errands! I'll be lucky to get 3-4 hours of sleep.

Any other Mom's have any advice on how to part with your child's pacifier?

No comments:

Post a Comment